Tuesday, October 21, 2008

enjoying

We are so lucky here in Portland to have farms all around the city for year-round weekend trips to pick berries, flowers, and enjoy fresh local produce, outdoor concerts, witness beautiful weddings, and families enjoying each other's company.

This past weekend it was my own family enjoying one another and bringing home varieties of squash, apples, avocados, pickled beans, cider, and of course, pumpkins for carving.

third year at the pumpkin patch

We enjoyed a little tour of the farm animals doing their signature barnyard performances right before our very eyes, like pages from a storybook.

a-doodle-doo

But I think my favorite part of the trip was capturing little bits of magic with the camera,

about to fly

and watching others do the same.

photographers everywhere

I love having this blog and sharing bits of my life with you all. Thank you for all your comments and encouragement (and tips!) during these first two months!

xoxoxo

4 comments:

Maria Rose said...

You are so lucky to live in Oregon. What a gorgeous state. Great photos too!

Molly said...

that is a great shot of the bird in the window. i love oregon - wish i were there.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birdie link! I love the photo of your son in the green jacket in the pumpkin patch. Great colors!

Cheryle said...

What great fun! Addison keeps telling me that *his* pumpkin is still growing and will get to be as "big as my dad's!"

He loves those family outings.