Thursday, January 29, 2009

my camera is joining itself to my hip

Somehow it feels like I've been away from my blog for weeks! Life has gotten busy lately and I've missed being here.

Today was fantastic. Addison and I spent the sunny afternoon perusing shops I've been wanting to peek into, eating ice cream, and running races on the sidewalk, and racing matchbox cars at home.

My camera is becoming more and more a part of me, and I sometimes feel insatiable in my desire to explore the city and take photos. I am certainly disappointed each time we head out somewhere, whether to a friends house for bagels or downtown to window shop, and I arrive only to discover I've left my camera at home. It can really sort of ruin my trip.

But today I remembered, and it was so satisfying to come home with a camera full of images.

Here are a few of my favorites:
portland rooftops


master



I'll post a few more tomorrow.
How was your day?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the double doughnuts, as well as the blue fence. What are you shooting with? Steve just got a Nikon D60.

jenna said...

Wow - the straws photo is fantastic

em said...

love the straws!