For years now I have run alongside my dreams, watching their every move, and hoping someday when I turned 80 I would look back and find that I had actually jumped in and lived them somewhere along the way. Today I'm starting this blog.
What better way to start something than with a to-do list? I actually hate most lists, because they are usually filled with things that I don't want to do. This one, on the other hand, is a list of things I want to do before my next birthday, called "28 things to do before I turn 29." But, to be fair, I had better pro-rate my list since a good part of my birthday year is already over.... 'cause I'm a little obsessively perfectionistic like that. But I'll spare you the math equation.
"15 things to do in the 55% of the year left before I turn 29"
- Blog at least once a week
- Eat yogurt at one of the new homemade yogurt places in town
- Go sledding with my 2 year-old
- Enlarge and frame one of my own photographs
- Read three books on my to-read list
- Create at least one original artwork
- Refinish or paint one piece of salvaged furniture
- Go to this flea market
- Buy a perfume I like
- Plan a surprise for my husband
- Do this photobooth
- Go to an Omnimax movie
- Talk to some of my favorite bloggers about their blogging experience
- Work out at least once a week
- Carry my camera with me at all times