Saturday, March 14, 2009

late sensing

Oops. I totally said I would do Five Senses Friday with Abby and the rest of the gang, and I totally forgot! I can't say I'm altogether sorry because my forgetting was the result of one of the best days I've had in a long time (take that, Friday the 13th!). Lots of laid-back parenting, fun, sunshine, and being silly together.

But, I don't want to miss out entirely, so how about Saturday Senses for me?

Taste:
- Mellow-sweet, juicy and plump cantaloupe.
- Herbed, succulent rotisserie chicken

Sight:
- Moby lazing about on my grandmother's rocking chair
cat nap
- Gerbera daisies still looking beautiful on Day 8
Gerbera daisy

Touch:
- Warm sunlight on and the soft cush of sitting in my new living room chair (a birthday present to myself)
new chair
- little one-inch size baby feet pressing on me from within

Smell:
- My whole house fragrant with homemade chicken stock simmering on the stove
homemade chicken stock

Sound:
- Children's songs over the speakers at Airplay Cafe this morning
- The household silence of a sleeping toddler and a husband out running errands

All of that is just too good not to share. Thanks for letting me play a little late. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the chair/light photo. I think it's fantastic that you forgot about the task because you were so swept up in your senses. How...perfect.

-betsy

rebecca said...

hey brianna. unfortunately the free box is here in corvallis where we live. i post a lot about pdx because we're up there all the time. it's where i grew up, and my parents still live in beaverton. i'll just have to find a free box up there too! if you're down in corvallis though i'll definitely let you in on this box's whereabouts. :)

on a chair note: what a great gift to receive during pregnancy! a comfortable place was priceless when i was pregnant. sounds like it's all going really well. that's great!

Anonymous said...

A very sweet post...I'm doing Five Senses Friday, too; I'm glad to have found your blog!