Oops. I totally said I would do Five Senses Friday with Abby and the rest of the gang, and I totally forgot! I can't say I'm altogether sorry because my forgetting was the result of one of the best days I've had in a long time (take that, Friday the 13th!). Lots of laid-back parenting, fun, sunshine, and being silly together.
But, I don't want to miss out entirely, so how about Saturday Senses for me?
- Mellow-sweet, juicy and plump cantaloupe.
- Herbed, succulent rotisserie chicken
- Moby lazing about on my grandmother's rocking chair
- Gerbera daisies still looking beautiful on Day 8
- Warm sunlight on and the soft cush of sitting in my new living room chair (a birthday present to myself)
- little one-inch size baby feet pressing on me from within
- My whole house fragrant with homemade chicken stock simmering on the stove
- Children's songs over the speakers at Airplay Cafe this morning
- The household silence of a sleeping toddler and a husband out running errands
All of that is just too good not to share. Thanks for letting me play a little late. ;)