Tuesday, April 14, 2009

garden plot

We spent a good portion of the last two weekends building a raised bed out of cinder blocks in our backyard, filling it with dirt, and planning out what we want to grow. It's really exciting, since all we've had room to grow in the past has been a couple of tomato plants and some herbs. I can't wait to try growing peas, carrots, zucchini, two kinds of onions, shallots, garlic, peppers and greens. Yum!

Of course, when you're married to a graphic designer who loves his job, designing the garden plot becomes a whole new ballgame.

Garden Plot

I present to you, our garden plot masterpiece!

He cracks me up. Every time we have moved into a new apartment or done some serious rearranging, he busts out the illustrator files and plots everything out down to the last quarter of an inch. It both drives me crazy, and I love him for it.

8 comments:

Cheryle said...

I had to laugh when I saw that the zucchini has overrun its boundaries even before it's planted!

Lisa said...

Oh my, that's exactly how Jason is when we talk about remodeling the house! Must be a Cerezo thing....

Mindy said...

being a graphic designer myself, i love this :) it's funny how the creative mind works. how it all comes to fruition!

rebecca said...

i totally feel like i need to do this to get a handle on our garden. we've got a couple raised beds and a space in the landscaping where we also grow veggies. i've got seeds and seed potatoes and i'm still feeling frustratingly paralyzed. ugh! i bet the nice weather headed out way this weekend will help get the show on the road!

Stefania/CityMama said...

I love it! My husband is the same way, too. I'm more the figure it out as you go type.

kickpleat said...

ha, i love it! i'm never that organized but i love that others can be!

abigail said...

so funny! I just drew up a garden plan of my own!

I just found your blog via a cup of jo, it's great.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. I usually scribble something in a notebook but I think this looks more inspiring.