Friday, April 10, 2009

enjoying the now

Thanks for the support about the child care situation, everyone. It was a rough day between awaiting news on the school (which hasn't been solidified yet, but is looking promising) and anxiously anticipating an ultrasound to see if our little baby girl is doing alright. I'm so happy and relieved to say, she looks perfect!

Because I can't help myself, here's a picture of her little lips, nose and chin. (look at it sideways)
Drew's face at 28 weeks
I'm amazed at how much more detailed the ultrasounds are, even compared with those we had 3 1/2 years ago!

I'm really looking forward to meeting this new little one, but also enjoying now as much as I can. I realize that the days I have one-on-one with Addison are numbered precious. I expect as much as I will embrace the new family dynamic of there being four of us, I will miss the undivided attention I'm able to devote to Addison right now.

So, when I have the chance, I'm trying to pour my energy into our quality time. We took a trip to the library a few weeks ago, which is something we do frequently, but this time I wanted it to be a lesson in using the library to find out about anything you want to know about. Addison chose books on cars, clocks, and stop signs. And, he chose a cookbook dedicated to making all kinds of cookies. (of course!)

We checked out our books, chose a recipe for Chocolate Cat Cookies and went to the grocery store to purchase the ingredients we were missing at the house. We brought them home and got right to work.
little baker

I have to admit, they weren't the tastiest cookies I've ever had, but seemed to satiate our sweet tooths and went down easily with a cold glass of milk. Plus, they were just the right kind of cookies to make with a toddler that loves to help.

my helper

chocolate cat cookies

our cookies

He loved making the ears, putting the chocolate candies on and using the fork tines to make whiskers. We snuck a couple of dogs, an owl and some other unnamed creatures in there too. :)

Oh, these good times...

2 comments:

Cheryle said...

How wise you are to treasure these days. Too often we're in a hurry for the next thing to happen, then spend too many years regretting the "now" times we hurried through.

Of course, now Addison wants to bake cookies every day since he had so much fun with these, but maybe dyeing Easter eggs will satisfy him this weekend!

suzanne b. said...

Those are some of the cutest cookies ever! :)

And that ultrasound is so exciting. I got goosebumps.